Our Capabilities / Family law /

Child Relocation

Child Relocation

If you and your former partner cannot agree about which city or country the children will live in, you can apply to a court for orders to allow you to move.

The Court’s primary concern will always be the best interests and welfare of the children. If you move without a court order or without the consent of the other party, you may be required to return with the children.

If you are concerned that your children may leave Australia without your permission, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. You can apply to the Court for an order that:

  1. prevents a passport being issued for children;
  2. requires a person to deliver a child’s or accompanying adult’s passport to the Court;
  3. prevents children from leaving Australia.

How we can help

Our legal experts are ready to provide the guidance you need for business or personal matters.
Reach out to Longton Legal today to discuss tailored solutions.
Scroll to Top